Pakathon NYC and The American Pakistan Foundation hosted a networking and social event with those who aspire to do social good, while encouraging brainstorming to come up with innovative solutions to global problems.
After the American Pakistan Foundation and Pakathon presented “Creating a Community of Change Makers” at TechStars, the Pakathon NYC team went into action to help participants translate their ideas into actionable plans. One of the participants, Usama Javed Mirza, a graduate student at Teachers College, Columbia University, on a Fulbright scholarship, is working with Pakathon NYC’s team to help fulfill it’s mission to unleash the potential of human beings who want to innovate and change the world. Join us in watching the beginning of his journey to reform disaster recovery in Pakistan.
- Soobia Afroz, Program Manager, New York Times
- Dr. Babur Habib, Co-founder, Portfolio School
- Genevieve Walsh, Founder and CEO, Iqra Fund
- Imtashal Tariq, Global Peacemaking Specialist, Intersections International
- Dr. Salman Baset, Research Scientist, IBM Watson
- Promotional partners: NYU & Columbia Students