The American Pakistan Foundation supports the smooth settlement and assimilation of new arrivals and Pakistani-Americans into mainstream life in the United States.
We hope to facilitate this through:
- Introduction to available educational, social and health services,
- Minimization of culture shock,
- Fulfilment of participant objectives (to discourage alienation and feeling as second class citizens), and
- Encouraging Pakistanis to realize their potential in order to foster positive contributions to society.
APF Community Support Seminars
- The Education System and Basics of American Society
- APF has held community support seminars which have highlighted the services offered at public libraries, including adult education services that focus on topics such as computer and English-language skills.
- American Healthcare System, Health Insurance, and Healthcare
- APF has held community support seminars which have focused on topics such as applying for state sponsored health insurance for children and pregnant women, access to care and emergency for the uninsured, the basics of good health-exercise and nutrition, women’s health issues, etc.
- Social Services, Interacting with Authorities, and Women’s Issues
- Credit, Home Ownership and Long Term Issues